- We strive to provide complete care for our patients. Learn more about all the services we provide.
You are using an outdated browser. Please upgrade your browser to improve your experience.
DENTAL CLEANING AND/OR EXTRACTIONS, OTHER ORAL SURGERY
To make your pet's check-in on the day of the procedure as efficient as possible you can:
- Review this information prior to check-in.
- Print it and bring written answers with you to check-in.
- Copy-and-paste and email the completed check-in to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- We will help with any questions, in advance or at the time of the appointment.
- Find more information at yarmouthvetcenter.com >>> Before Your Pet's Appointment.
DATE OF APPOINTMENT (IF THIS CHECK-IN IS BEING COMPLETED IN ADVANCE OF APPT)
ANY UPDATE TO THE CLIENT ACCOUNT - EMAIL, PHONE, ADDRESS, ETC?
CONTACT NAME(S) AND NUMBER(S) ON THE DAY OF THE PROCEDURE
Unless we provide different specific instructions for your pet, she/he can have
- water up until check-in
- 1/4 to 1/2 of a normal-sized breakfast
- any current medications that would usually be administered in the morning
THE ESTIMATE: GENERAL ANESTHESIA IS NECESSARY
We learn a lot from examining your awake pet's mouth. However, we cannot do a complete dental exam, dental cleaning, or take dental x-rays without general anesthesia, even with the most cooperative patients. As a result, an estimate we provided prior to anesthesia might have to be revised once we have evaluated your pet's mouth when it is anesthetized.
Cleaning and anesthetized exam $170
Dental x-rays $25
Anesthetic blood profile $89
Extractions and other oral surgery are charged by time and complexity. For perspective:
Very small amount starts at $50
Small amount starts at $200
Medium amount starts at $600
Large amount starts at $900
The charges for x-rays, blood profile, and extractions and other oral surgery are added to, not included in, the cost of dental cleaning.
Nothing more than the cleaning and anesthetized exam will be done without your approval.
The majority of dental disease occurs above the gumline, hidden from view. Dental x-rays, in addition to our anesthetized exam and periodontal probing, are necessary to thoroughly evaluate your pet's mouth. We recommend x-rays as valuable part of your pet's routine cleaning and exam. Do you approve them?
For pets with dental problems other than a simple need for cleaning, dental x-rays are required, not optional.
FOR EXTRACTIONS AND OTHER ORAL SURGERY, PLEASE CHOOSE OPTION 1, 2, OR 3
Please remember, if you would like us to call you before proceeding with extractions or other oral surgery your pet will be anesthetized when we call. If we cannot reach you promptly we will have to recover your pet from anesthesia and complete any dental procedure that you choose to have us do at another time.
1. "In addition to the cleaning, do everything else that is necessary; you do not have to call me first."
2. "I approve dental / oral treatment and surgery at a cost of up to $ x (Specify what you want this amount to be. This cost will be added to the cost of cleaning and x-rays, not included with them.) Please call me before proceeding with any treatment that will exceed this cost."
3. "Do nothing more than the cleaning without contacting me first."
In general we attempt to complete all of the approved dental procedures in one appointment. In some situations the nature of the problem dictates that we must pursue treatment with more than one appointment.
WE RECOMMEND AN ANESTHETIC BLOOD PROFILE
We recommend a blood profile for all pets who will undergo general anesthesia. This profile works as an extension of the physical exam, providing us with important additional information about how your pet's liver, kidneys and other internal organ systems are functioning. In some cases the blood profile is required, not optional, and in some cases other laboratory testing will be recommended or required. Do you approve a blood profile?
ANY NON-DENTAL CONCERNS OR REQUESTS?
We can do an annual exam, evaluate non-dental problems, vaccinate, trim nails, empty anal sacs, dispense flea and tick control, heartworm preventive and other prescriptions, etc.
|Saturday||8:00||12:00; Also, 4 pm Boarding Pick-up|
|6:00||6:00||6:00||6:00||6:00||12:00; Also, 4 pm Boarding Pick-up||Boarding Pick-up|